Job Code :
Dublin, Dublin OH US 43016
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Job Description :
Making Your World Run Smoother!
Pacer International, Inc. is a global transportation and logistics services provider with offices spanning from our Dublin, OH headquarters to China. Our recruitment focus is to attract talented and driven individuals whose contributions will help our Company exceed 2011 revenues of $1.5 billion.
Pacer covers customers’ needs on the rail, on the road, via the ocean and air, in the warehouse, and thru the supply chain. We are dedicated to utilizing each Associates strength to assist our customers. Through our team’s efforts, we help our customers’ worlds run smoother every day.
This position is responsible for insuring that contract drivers are dispatched to pick up containers in a timely manner. It is important that the individual has the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately recall information. This individual will have contact with contract drivers (owner/operators) and with customers on a daily basis. The ability to preplan and make dispatch changes, remember the type of equipment used, driver destinations and the length of time it will take to complete the move is a necessity. "Going the extra mile" to achieve quality customer service is standard practice at the company.
- Communicate daily with customers, potential customers and independent contractors.
- Responsible for the timely work order assignment to contract drivers.
- Responsible for pickup and delivery of trailer loads from rail and/or harbor and other FTL movement. Must know trailer identification and how to expedite tractors out of rail/harbor.
- Real Time follow up on “check calls" with contract drivers on all load pickup and delivery’s. While in transit, follow up with driver to gain insight into destination time.
- Responsible to execute delivery instructions based upon appointment schedule required by customer. Insure deliveries and pickups are made on time.
- Maintain proper records and insure information is executed timely and correctly.
- Real time input of pickup and delivery information in Trinium.
- Initiate and communicate accessorial charges to Customer Service.
- Communicate authorization number to driver.
- Execution of manual charges to pay driver.
- Proper execution of legging/street turn/empty repositioning functionality in Trinium System.
- Check in contract drivers and assist in matching paper work and filing finished documents.
- Check contract drivers manifest as to accuracy and make sure correct paperwork is attached when they return to the dock.
- Proper execution of end of day processes. Responsible for the daily maintenance of the dispatch board. Set up system for next morning's appointment times.
Job Requirements :
The Following Requirements Must Be Met To Be Considered For This Position
- Experience in the cartage transportation industry with at least three years in operations and dispatch.
- Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Solid communication skills including written and verbal.
- Must be computer literate and have basic to intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs such as word and excel. In addition, working knowledge of an e-mail system is necessary.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and recall past information
- Must be able to communicate with contract drivers.
- Familiarity with geography of the region in which they will operate and be familiar with port and/or rail locations.
- Familiarity with weight laws, DOT regulations and BIT program requirements.
- Must have knowledge of Hazardous Materials regulations and be familiar with State and Federal safety laws.
- Working knowledge (comprehension) of Spanish or any other language that may be relevant to the operation and/or location is a plus.
Benefits You Can Count On!
Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays and Vacations, Prepaid Legal Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Group Term Life (AD&D) Insurance, 401K Plan (Part-time eligible), Short-Term / Long-Term Disability
At Pacer, we continually drive for results and are recognized as a global leader in transportation and logistics. With over $1.5 B in revenue and hundreds of offices worldwide, we are making a global impact on the shipment and delivery of freight. Are you ready to build your future with the globally and highly regarded leader in the transportation and logistics industry?
Offer Relocation :
First Shift (Day)
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)