Job Code :
Dublin, Dublin OH US 43016
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Job Description :
Performs Order Planning based on customer specific business rules to determine if the order will meet the customer’s expectations for pickup and delivery. Establishes a plan to align inbound and outbound loads with dray capacity to meet customer expectations and improve dray efficiency through reduction of empty miles. Plans load pick-up and transit time to meet customer delivery expectation and prevent rail storage that cannot be billed to the customer.
1. Utilizes the Customer Expectations Document (CED) and AUX screens in AS400 as the primary sources of information for customer specific business rules and to understand the measurements for on-time pickup and on-time delivery.
2. Understands and executes against how the pricing was presented to the customer and the boundaries of planned revenue versus moving a load with adverse costs. Identifies gaps and works with internal Pacer groups to resolve adverse cost issues.
3. Understands and incorporates transit parameters and associated pricing options to offer alternative solutions if required.
4. Reviews available capacity within the geographic shipping region, including empty equipment on the street and schedules pickup appointments within predefined guidelines.
5. Selects the appropriate routing to meet the expectation for delivery; assigns the rail cutoff date that the load must meet in order to protect the delivery requirements and avoid “Cost of Quality” for per diem and rail storage that cannot be billed back to customer.
6. Understands transit parameters and associated pricing options to offer alternative solutions if required.
7. Execute equipment substitution and ensure new routing meets planned load movement.
8. Schedules pickup and delivery appointments with shippers and consignees within a geographic area to meet customer requirements and match to dray carrier capacity in order to reduce empty miles and improve carrier efficiency.
9. Recognizes and acts on opportunities, where inbound and outbound loads cannot be matched, to initiate backhaul loads to reduce empty miles and improve carrier efficiency.
10. Manage customer waitlist in the equipment or gate reservation area using guidelines set forth by the Network Services and Commercial teams.
11. Converts the load to an ‘order’ status and transfers to the Load Planner for execution; where appropriate, dispatch directly to a preplanned carrier.
12. Assists in monitoring timely pick-up to ingate at the rail and from notify at the destination ramp to final delivery to ensure identification of orders in jeopardy and notification to customer.
13. Maintains detailed documentation and notes within the order to record chronological events, conversations with customers and internal service partners.
- Monitors incoming Customer Issue Logs from the Operations teams and addresses them within 30 minutes.
15. Responsible for Order Management to ensure that the order is monitored for various events and status updates and is in compliance with how it is planned. Provides updates to customers’ TMS systems or web sites as required.
Typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues.
Job Requirements :
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
The incumbent must:
1. Hold a minimum of a High School Diploma, Bachelor's degree preferred.
2. Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in Transportation and Customer Service
3. Bi-lingual candidates preferred (Spanish speaking).
4. Strong problem recognition and problem solving skills.
5. Flexibility in work schedule to accommodate appropriate hours of coverage based on business needs and demands
6. Possess advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
7. Maintain an understanding of the various business divisions within Pacer and their strategic goals.
8. Possess strong project management skills. Strong time management skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
9. Willingness to follow Pacer processes, support company policies and objectives; lead by example; flexible; adapts well and displays willingness and ability to change.
10. Be able to communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and in writing.
11. Be able to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
a. Use hands to manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment;
b. Reach with hands and arms;
c. Talk and hear;
d. See and be able to read, write, and interpret text, spreadsheet, and graphical documents;
e. Occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
The Functions, Qualifications, Responsibilities, and Requirements listed above represent the essential functions of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The listed Job Functions do not necessarily include all activities that the incumbent may perform.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)